Nov 16, 2023
- 100 representatives from 26 countries participated from 10-14 November
- Folkland India (V. Jayarajan) elected as New Secretariat
- Three entities including Culture Masters approved as Associate Member
- The 9th ICCN General Assembly concluded successfully in Kozhikode, Kerala, India, running from November 10 to 14, 2023. The event, orchestrated by the Secretariat in Valencia, Spain, and the local host, spearheaded by Dr. V. Jayarajan in Kerala, welcomed 100 representatives from 23 countries.
- The ICCN, a UNESCO-accredited organization committed to fostering city-to- city collaboration for the preservation and development of intangible cultural heritage, strives to create cultural harmony through shared understanding cultivated by cooperation and information exchange across cities.
- The assembly featured diverse activities, including the International Expert Seminar, Global Dialogue Exchange, cultural performances, and anexhibition Amareswar Galla delivered a keynote speech on & quot;Celebrating Diversity and Preserving Heritage" during the seminar.
As Invited Guests of Honor, Dr. Seong-Yong Park, CEO of Culture Masters, shared insights on global cultural cooperation, while Mr. Ali Kalifa, IOV World President,discussed collaboration between ICCN and IOV. The Global Dialogue Exchange Session featured prominent figures such as a noted diplomat/writer Shashi Tharoor.
- Key decisions were made during the ICCN General Assembly meeting on November 11, including operational reporting from the Secretariat, approval of a sustainable development plan ('23-24), and the election of the new secretariat for 2023-2027, with Folkland (Dr. V. Jayarajan) being unanimously approved.
- Other notable decisions included the approval of three new associate members: Culture Masters, Republic of Korea, and Institutes from Botswana and the Center for Intellectual Property Nepal (CIPN), Nepal. Additionally, the hosting proposals for future conferences were discussed and approved, with Gangneung City, Korea, set to host the 2025 GA.
- In addition, various programs, including an introduction to MKC in alliance with UNSDG by Dr. Abdul Salam Mohammed and a Revolution in Wellness Session by Tigris, took place. Participants also visited institutions such as DBI, HTI, Alif & Cultural Center. The 9th ICCN GA concluded all its programs on November 14.
- Special appreciation was extended to the Secretariat of Valencia team and the local host, Folkland India, for their dedicated efforts in making the event vibrant and fruitful.